At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you’ll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
As a Practice Services Manager you will support the operations and administration of a cross-department practice group serving transactional risk insurance portfolio clients. The Practice Services Manager will impact efficiency, quality, profitability, competitive position, innovation and client satisfaction. This is a highly visible within the Practice Group that touches many legal and business areas of the firm. You will interact with legal and business professionals internally and externally in a team setting.
On any given day, you may be working with partners and business colleagues on a variety of requests and projects related to the delivery of legal services for complex, high profile client engagements in transactional risk insurance. You will:
- Assist the Practice Group by providing oversight and employing project management techniques and technology tools to support day-to-day portfolio operations and help grow business relationships.
- Prepare high quality, accurate, and timely written work products including due diligence summaries, non-reliance letters and underwriting call agendas.
- Participate on insurance underwriting calls and create record of insured statements and representations.
- Work with project management colleagues to set up and maintain a portfolio intranet site.
- Identify emerging data needs and work with Seyfarth’s technology team to design and implement dashboards.
- Create, review and analyze financial reports and relationship KPI/status reports and regularly deliver to the Practice GroupManage internal Practice Group operations including communications through: daily engagement, coordination and management of team members, including coordinating schedules and keeping team members on track to meet deliverable deadlines; and additional ad hoc communications as needed.
- Plan, organize, prepare materials for and assist with Practice Group meetings.
- Responsible for the new matter opening process and the client’s conflict waiver request process.
- Liaise with the billing department on various requests and needs specific to client billing.
- Assist the Practice Group in developing new thought leadership in transactional risk insurance space, including the creation of new podcast episodes, written thought leadership, and on LinkedIn and other professional social media outlets.
- Display strong time management skills.
- Anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions.
- Take action in solving problems while knowing when to escalate.
- A college degree in Business or related field or relevant work experience.A minimum of three years law firm or legal operations experience.Advanced skills in MS Office required; Sharepoint, Visio, MS Powerpoint and MS Project knowledge preferred.
- The ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgment.
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced working environment with multiple transactional deadlines each day.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills, including record keeping, data collection and system information.
- The ability to compile and analyze data, and furnish concise, detailed information in written report format.
- The ability to demonstrate collaboration and team behavior through willingness to contribute to the greater good at the expense of personal gain.
- Facilitation skills to lead meetings, conduct effective briefings and presentations, and to develop consensus.
- The ability to lead, think creatively, pro-actively adapt to a changing environment, act decisively, and motivate, develop inspire and empower others.
- The ability to plan, organize, direct, implement and evaluate processes to lead people and manage resources to achieve desired results.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence. We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/. Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the following link: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Seyfarth is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA 30309
This position is based in Charlotte, NC 28202
This position is based in Chicago, IL 60606
This position is based in Houston, TX 77002
This position is based in New York, NY 10018
This position is based in Washington, DC 20001