Human Resources Manager
Posted: January 24, 2019
Our mid-sized law firm with offices in Garden City and New York City is looking for a Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for all HR administration and the enforcement of HR policies. The position resides in the Garden City office.
Human Resources Management / Talent Acquisition
- Recruiting – full cycle recruiting for support staff and manage recruiting and interviews for professional staff.
- Onboarding of new employees – prepare orientation packages, conduct orientation and process all paperwork; continue to work with new employees to integrate them into the Firm; receipt and delivery of Firm Manual.
- Employee terminations – work with Firm management to make decisions, when necessary; prepare termination papers and exit interviews for employees leaving the Firm.
- Employee relations – speak with employees on a daily basis to manage work needs, meet with employees when issues arise and hold staff meetings with employees.
- Training – coordinate training as needed.
- Staying up-to-date on changes in Federal and State benefit and labor laws; update policies as needed.
- Supervising Legal Assistant/Secretarial staff, managing workflow and ensuring resources are maximized.
- Managing secretarial coverage and assignments and overtime.
- Visit New York City office, when necessary.
HR Administration/Payroll/Benefits Administration
- Firm manual – update policies, recommend changes, distribute comments and suggestions to HR partner.
- Processing semi-monthly payroll- reviewing overtime, making changes and managing benefit deductions.
- Benefits administration – enroll and terminate members in health and 401(k) Plans; assist employees with problems; process insurance payments and Profit Sharing Plan pay-outs.
- Managing year-end performance, salary and bonus reviews (October – December) – prepare charts for Management Committee; set up templates and manage review process, prepare merge docs for employee files, process bonus payroll; implement new salaries (January).
- Coordinate annual health insurance renewal (April – June) – review proposals from vendors, manage enrollment and plan changes.
- Special projects and tasks as they arise for the Firm.
In addition to our competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, HSA, Flexible Spending Plan, 401(k) with an employer match, Profit Sharing Plan and paid vacation.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter with salary requirement by email to: email@example.com. EOE
Back to Jobs Archive