Human Resources and Benefits Manager
Posted: June 6, 2017
The Human Resources and Benefits Manager will lead the HR function for the firm, including application of Firm policies, processes and procedures. The Manager will provide guidance to all personnel regarding various aspects of the employee life cycle, including recruiting and integrating new employees, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, employee development, reward and recognition programs, coaching, discipline and termination. The Manager will also be responsible for the processing and submission of the Firm’s payroll, managing the New York office secretaries and managing the New York office’s reception desk.
- Recommends, develops, and implements human resource policies and procedures for all Firm personnel.
- Responsible for staff and paralegal recruiting, posting jobs, maintaining agency relationships, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, processing reference and background checks, extending offers, and coordinating new hire orientation and training.
- Works collaboratively with Firm management on matters such as compensation, health, welfare, retirement, employee relations, HRIS, leave management, recruiting and the staff and paralegal evaluation process.
- Provides guidance and training on employee management issues, such as coaching and counseling, employee development and retention, warnings, performance improvement plans and termination recommendations.
- Works collaboratively with the lawyers and the administrative managers on the staff and paralegal evaluation process, including compensation recommendations. Manages the annual open enrollment process for benefits.
- Acts as a liaison between firm personnel and our benefit providers.
- Manages various leaves, including the Family Medical Leave and ADA process. Prepares for employee departures, conducts exit interviews.
- Maintains personnel files. Creates and sends office communications regarding new hires, departures, holidays, early dismissals, benefits, etc.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local labor laws through participation in educational programs, SHRM certification/membership and industry networking groups.
- Works collaboratively with the Finance Department for the processing of the Firm’s payroll.
- Works with the Firm’s lawyers to ensure proper secretarial coverage at all times.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
5+ years of human resources and benefits experience.
Bachelor’s degree is required.
Strong writing skills.
Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, HRIS and payroll programs (ADP preferred).
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Back to Jobs Archive