We are currently looking to fulfill an Office Administrator position for a well-known engineering firm of 300 employees located in Downtown, New York City. This individual must submit their resume as well as salary requirements to be considered.
The office administrator is responsible for overall office activities including reception area, mailroom, large purchasing requests and facilities. This person is also responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including developing and supervising programs for the maximum utilization of services and equipment, arranging internal office moves, and providing arrangements for office meetings.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for the mailroom department which consists of 5 employees.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layouts, arrangements and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, printers, etc.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations including dealing with building management and arranging for facilities-related services.
- Responsible for all event planning and projects. Supervisory Responsibility This position manages all employees of the mailroom department as well as the reception area and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within those departments.
This position requires the ability to lift office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Thursday, 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. plus overtime.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least three (3) years of previous experience in office management.
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, FedEx and UPS.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a customer service based environment.
- Professional background Classification Exempt Reports to Director of Human Resources