Havkins, Rosenfeld, Ritzert & Varriale LLP with offices in Manhattan, Mineola and White Plains, is looking for an experienced Director of Finance and Administration to oversee all financial aspects of our law firm and drive the firm’s financial strategy and planning. You will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the firm as well as possible risks and investments, and to put in place long term strategies for the success of the firm, working with the firm’s Finance Committee and partnership. The goal is to guide the firm towards profitability and long-term success.
As Director of Finance and Administration, we are looking for someone with strong leadership skills, a solid recruitment background, and knowledge in benefits who is skilled in building consensus and creating a collaborative, team-oriented, and efficient working environment for partners, attorneys and staff.
- Drive the financial planning of the firm by analyzing its performance and risks.
- Retain constant awareness of the firm’s financial position and act to prevent problems.
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting, finance and billing personnel. • Oversee all internal control operations.
- Develop the firm’s financial protocols and manage relationships with partners and clients.
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance.
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to partnership • Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines.
- Maintain administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintain a safe and secure work environment; develop personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Establish and spearhead development of firm policies, procedures, and work schedules to be implemented for all employees.
- Oversee, train, and manage supervisors of firm departments, including managing clerk, office services, billing department, paralegal department, and office managers in firm’s respective offices.
- Oversee human resources including benefits administration, review of benefits and implementation of same, payroll administration, and compliance with all employment laws (EEOC, FMLA, PFL, HIPPA, DOL and ADA).
- Serve as liaison with outside accountants and benefits consultants and other professional service providers.
- Assess facility needs and make recommendations for equipment and/or physical space requirements.
- Proven experience as Director of Finance and Administration or similar position in a law firm.
- In-depth knowledge of finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting in a law firm environment.
- Proficient in the use of technology.
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field.
- MS/MBA or CPA certificate a plus.