Business Development Specialist
Date Posted: March 1, 2018
The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Business Development Specialist in the New York office. The Specialist provides support for a wide range of business development activities, with a particular focus on the Firm’s Intellectual Property and Product Liability practices. This position works with lawyers, business development managers, and other Firm staff to handle practice group and individual attorney business development and marketing efforts. The majority of time will be devoted to pitches/proposals and practice group experience information. A successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and ability to work independently, and will be dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our attorneys, our clients, and other members of the Marketing Department. This position reports to the Director of Business Development.
- Working with Business Development Managers to provide full range of practice group support for designated groups and initiatives.
- Supporting the RFP, pitch, and proposal processes from planning through submission. Elements of this responsibility include, for example:
- Working with attorneys, marketing staff, and other firm personnel in the development and execution of proposals and presentations.
- Organizing information relating to proposals and coordinating personnel contributing to the proposal processes.
- Identifying most applicable content, and editing existing content, and drafting new content for proposals and pitches. o Coordinating information and researching requests with research analysts, accounting personnel, and Firm’s reference librarians.
- Coordinating the assembly/production and delivery of finished product.
- Assisting with data collection and coordination for practice group submissions to Chambers and other rankings/awards submissions.
- Maintaining practice group content for various databases, including: central proposal content database; attorney experience and deals databases; and pitch/proposal database.
- Using the Firm database Interaction to identify and confirm relationship targets.
- Managing the practice group content on the firm’s website, including biographies and experience highlights.
- Providing support for attorneys reaching out to targeted contacts and clients, including creation of targeted lists for specific business development efforts and events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of six years of related experience in marketing, business development or client relations role, preferably in a professional services company or law firm.
- Experience with Intellectual Property and/or Litigation practices highly preferred. • Proficient in a range of computer software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Comfortable using a variety of proprietary marketing databases.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Confident communicator, ability to work effectively with partner and senior administration of the Firm.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Detail oriented with dedication to follow up.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle changing deadlines.
- Flexibility for occasional travel and work after hours.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our Firm’s equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster. Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://selfapply.aporter.com/videsktop/viRecruitSelfApply/ReApplicantEmail.aspx?Tag=89e1c5be-fa4d-47eb-a30f-5934a8c6f390
Back to Jobs Archive