Business Development Manager
Posted: September 8, 2017
The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP has an opening for a Business Development Manager in the New York office. The BD Manager is responsible for developing and managing the implementation of focused marketing and business development strategies for the Firm’s Finance practices, assisting them in their client development and retention activities. This position collaborates with the various functional units within the Marketing and Practice Group Management Departments, including PR & Communications, Events and Market Research and Business Intelligence as well as the various departments and programs within the Firm including the Talent Department, Finance and Pricing and others to contribute to joint firm-wide initiatives.
- Development of a comprehensive business development strategy for the Corporate and Finance areas.
- Collaborate with Practice Chairs and Group Heads to expand business development efforts including contributing to annual business plans and assisting partners with the implementation and execution of such plans, tracking initiatives and outcomes.
- Actively participate in increasing the Firm’s visibility in target industry sectors and markets through networking, participation in industry organizations, and developing high-value opportunities and business connections for attorneys.
- Analyze the assigned practice/industry group/office initiatives and evaluate how those initiatives impact the group’s/office’s budget to determine if there is sufficient ROI to repeat those initiatives.
- Evaluate the viability and probability of the development of business prospects and cross-marketing efforts of the practice/industry groups and Firm.
- Manage the marketing and business development activities for the Finance practice including:
- Preparation of initial draft of RFPs, pitches and presentations
- Maintenance of practice/industry group descriptions
- Management of League Tables associated with assigned practices
- Management of experience data associated with practices
- Coordination and creation of survey and directory submissions
- Coordination of logistics of seminars, conferences and roundtables with the Events Team
- Recommend and facilitate the involvement of Firm lawyers in professional organizations that will enhance the visibility of the lawyers and the Firm in local, regional, global and industry platforms.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the lawyers in the practice/industry group/office, coaching and mentoring them as appropriate and as needed.
- Collaborate with colleagues across all practice/industry groups and offices to develop cross-marketing opportunities.
- Work with incoming lateral partners and counsel to assist Practice Chairs and Lateral Committee in the integration of new lawyers into the assigned practice.
- Assist in the production, development and execution of events in respective departments, and for the firm as a whole.
- Four-year degree in marketing, business, finance, English, communications or other related discipline preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
- Specific experience with and knowledge of public and private ABS, RMBS and residential mortgage warehousing, CMBS, marketplace loan securitization, operating asset securitization, CLOs and corporate structured credit, commercial paper conduits, esoteric asset securitization, trade receivables securitization, structured asset funds, distressed asset sales, whole business securitization, warehouse facilities, and derivatives is desired.
- Excellent computer and internet skills necessary; proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Minimum of six years of marketing and business development experience, with prior law firm financial services industry or investment banking experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills, including independent judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to gain buy-in and to build strong relationships within the Firm through quality work and thought leadership.
- Action-oriented, intellectually sharp, capable, good listener and agile.
- Ability to build rapport and work comfortably with partners.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple competing deadlines whilst maintaining calm.
- Strong leadership, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our Firm’s equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster. Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Click here to apply: https://selfapply.aporter.com/videsktop/viRecruitSelfApply/ReApplicantEmail.aspx?Tag=35437db5-3118-432f-8b33-4bf651f96f3d
Back to Jobs Archive